Monday, January 9, 2012

The Hunger Games trilogy

In case you missed it the first day of this spring semester (2012) or in case you aren't in my spring semester classes, I am obsessed with The Hunger Games trilogy.  My son gave me a Mockingjay pin for Christmas, and it was seriously one of my favorite gifts.  Before Christmas and after reading the novels a second time, I bought a book of essays by YA authors title The Girl Who Was on Fire. I emailed one of the authors because I really liked her analysis.  It compares  THG to 1984 (also love!) and V for Vendetta.  Needless to say, it's a really cool essay.  She emailed me back!  nothing brilliant, just good luck on my endeavors to write dystopian fiction and she was honored that I would consider using her essay in my English class.  kind of a neat experience for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment